Alva Industries AS (hereinafter “Alva”, “we” or “us”) is a provider of high-performance motor technology.
Alva acts as the data controller for any processing of personal data in connection with providing you with information and offering you services[AdeB/MLL2] on our website alvaindustries.com (hereinafter the “Services”). Further, Alva acts as the data controller for processing of personal data in connection with an existing or potential contract with you or the company you are acting on behalf of.
2. When, why and what type of data do we collect?
In general, we collect and process your data to be able to provide you with our Services or to fulfil or be able to enter into a contract with you or the company you are acting on behalf of, including as required by legal obligations. When you use our webpage, contact us by filling out our contact form or by any other means, enter into a contract with us or subscribe to our newsletter, we may process the following personal data:
- IP address, and information regarding your visit;
- Any comments left in the contact form;
- Contact information (such as name, address, phone number, and e-mail);
- Workplace, including position, name of company and sector;
- Communication with us; and
- Any information regarding personal preferences that you choose to share with us.
We collect and process this personal data to be able to fulfil contractual obligations (ref. GDPR art. 6(1) letter b), to uphold our legitimate interest in providing you with the best experience possible in relation to our webpage information and provided Services, and to uphold our legitimate interest in fulfilling our contractual obligations towards the company you are acting on behalf of, and to processing any legal claims (ref. GDPR art. 6(1) letter f), as well as for compliance with our legal obligations (ref. GDPR art. 6(1) letter c).
We do in general not process any special categories of personal data about you, such as sexual orientation or health data. Further, we do only process your personal data to the extent that it is necessary for the performance of our Services or any other contractual obligations, including as required by legal obligations or for pursuing our legitimate interests.
Below we have listed all the specific ways to collect data from you and what categories of data we typically process, as well as the legal bases for such processing.
We collect certain information from your computer or internet connection when you visit our website and use our digital services, such as your IP-address, date and time of your visit, duration of your visit, content of your request (such as the specific site/page you visit), the website you were referred from, which pages you visit on our website, your internet service provider, your browser type and version, as well as your operating system.
We collect this information to uphold our legitimate interests in being able to display our website to you, measuring and improving the performance of our digital channels, as well as marketing our products and services (ref. GDPR art. 6(1) letter f).
2.3 Contact form
You may wish to contact us with questions or requests. When you contact us, either by filling out our contact form or by other means, you may provide us with information about yourself or your company. Upon doing so, we collect the information provided by you, such as: name, e-mail, phone number, company information, your location, as well as any other information that you enter into the form.
We collect this information to be able to carry out our contract with you (ref. GDPR art. 6(1) letter b) or to uphold the legitimate interest we have in fulfilling our contractual obligations with the company you are acting on behalf of or replying to your requests or questions (GDPR art. 6(1) letter f).
If you subscribe to our newsletter, we collect your name and e-mail address.
The legal basis for sending such e-mails to our customers is to uphold our legitimate interest in following up our customers by providing relevant news and relevant information about our services (ref. GDPR art. 6(1) letter f, see also the Norwegian Marketing Act art. 15(3)). If you are not an existing customer or user, the legal basis for sending such e-mails will be your express consent (ref. GDPR art. 6(1) letter a).
Anyone receiving the information items above can easily opt out using the link included in our e-mails.
2.5 Applying for a position with us
You are welcome to apply for a position with us. If you decide to do so, we will ask you to provide certain categories of personal data:
- Basic information: e.g. name, date of birth and nationality;
- Contact information: e.g. your address, e-mail and phone number;
- Qualifications: e.g. your CV, application, diplomas and transcripts of records, language knowledge, courses, certifications and any other information you provide us with in your application or interviews with us;
- Background information: e.g. information provided to us by your references, which we either collect through official sources or through references you provide us with; and
- Our assessments: i.e. assessments and comments we make in relation to our internal assessment of your application.
You provide us with such personal information, as well as any other information that you might choose to share with us in this respect, on a voluntary basis. We will collect and process this information in order to respond to, and consider, your application (ref, GDPR art. 6(1) letter f) and to consider whether to enter into an employment contract with you (ref. GDPR art. 6(1) letter b). We will delete the information related to your application as soon as it is no longer relevant for this purpose.
2.6 Visits to our social media pages
3. Do we share your personal data with third parties?
We will not share your personal data with others unless you either give us your consent to do so (ref. GDRP art. 6(1) letter a), or if we have legal basis to share your data, e.g. if it is necessary to provide you with a contractual service (ref. GDPR art. 6(1) letter b), if we are required by law to disclose your personal data (ref. GDPR art. 6(1) letter c), or it can be justified on the basis of our legitimate interest in doing so (ref. GDPR art. 6(1) letter f).
We share your personal data with Webflow, who provide us with and manage our website.
If you subscribe to our newsletter, we share required information with our provider Mailchimp.
When we use third party sub-contractors or service providers in order to provide our services, we will take appropriate legal precautions and corresponding technical and organisational measures in order to ensure that your personal data is protected in accordance with applicable data protection law. Our service providers may be based in locations all over the world. This means that your personal data may be transferred outside the EU/EEA. If that is the case, we will implement appropriate security measures to protect your data such as agreements with EU standard contractual clauses.
4. How do we protect your personal data?
Both our data processors and we have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a sufficient level of security when processing your personal data and to prevent loss or unlawful processing. Such measures are, for example, internal routines, data processing agreements and IT-security procedures to verify access rights. We will also carry out data protection impact assessments when it is likely that processing your data may result in a high risk with respect to your rights and freedoms in relation to your personal data.
We also use Google Analytics for statistical purposes. Google Analytics set cookies to evaluate your use of the website, and create reports on website activity for us.
We use necessary cookies in order to uphold our legitimate interest in providing you with a functional webpage (ref. GDPR art. 6(1) letter f). For all other cookies we ask for your explicit consent (ref. GDPR art. 6(1) letter a). [AdeB/MLL12]
5.2 What is the information used for?
The information we collect is used primarily to provide you with a functional webpage and useful information, as well as for analysis and statistical purposes to better our services and our website (including marketing).
5.3 Who is the information shared with?
Personal data is collected by our webpage provider, Webflow, and shared with our subcontractors and accountant[AdeB/MLL13] , who also act in accordance with applicable data protection regulations.
6. What are your rights?
You have several rights under the applicable data protection regulations. We have provided a list of the rights you can exercise in your relationship with us as a data controller below. If you wish to exercise your rights, please contact us and we will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible, but no later than a month after the receipt of your enquiry.
- Access: You have a general right of access to the personal data we have registered about you.
- Rectification and erasure: You have a general right to request that we should rectify any incorrect personal data about you and erase personal data about you. Please note that personal data that is essential to the customer relationship with us cannot be deleted, unless you also explicitly request termination of the customer relationship with us.
- Restriction: You have a general right to ask us to stop (“freeze”) the processing of your personal data, e.g. where you are of the opinion that we process personal data about you illegally and you do not wish us to erase these data pursuant to our routines for such erasure until the matter has been clarified.
- Data portability: You have a general right to request transfer of your personal data in a common, machine-readable format.
- Objection: You have a general right to object to our processing of personal data about you if this is justified by special circumstances on your part.
- Right to appeal: If you do not agree with the way in which we process your personal data, you may submit an appeal to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority (Datatilsynet). We ask that you contact us beforehand, so that we may clarify any misunderstandings.
- Withdraw your consent: If our processing of personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
7. How long do we store your data?
8. Do we keep this policy up to date?
9. How can you contact us?
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or if you wish to exercise your rights. Our contact details are: